Saturday, January 7, 2012

Inexpensive Cheddar Broccoli & Potato Soup

Yesterday while shopping at an Aldi store in search of some cheddar and broccoli soup, I came across a problem. I could not find any cheddar broccoli soup. Instead I found Chef Cupboard’s packaged cheddar broccoli soup mix. So I decided to give it a try since I really had a taste for soup.

The next day rolled around and I wanted to make the dish but with a little piazza. So I added some potatoes that I cooked in butter and let steam until soft. Then I mashed them with a potato masher and mixed them with the soup. It turned out wonderful. I was not expecting much since the mix cost about $1.50, but I was pleasantly surprised.

This meal was super inexpensive with the bag of potatoes costing $2.99 and the soup mix costing $1.50. And the mix was so easy to make. Just add 4 cups of water (or less if you like it thicker) and you are done. I served my soup with a butter croissant on the side and loved it. I hope you can try this recipe soon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment